Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade. You will be working in the Azure IoT Platform team that builds and runs Azure IoT Analytics service, also known as Azure Time Series Insights. This service is responsible for providing near-real time interactive analytics over data streaming from millions of IoT devices and other sources via IoT Hub and Event Hub. Our customers are using Time Series Insights for continuous monitoring, maintaining and optimizing their IoT assets as well as building applications on top of our APIs. Our engineering is focused on enabling high-scale data ingestion into hot, warm and cold storage and providing rich analytics and query capabilities backed by time series models.
* 8+ years of experience in software development using an object-oriented language
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related techincal field or equivalent years of industry experience.
* Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code
* Strong technical aptitude coupled with a demonstrated ability to adapt to and learn new technologies.
* Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
* Experience developing distributed data processing pipelines
* Experience with internal deployment tooling such as EV2
* Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
* Knowledge of .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks
* Solid knowledge of data-structures, algorithms and object-oriented design patterns
* Understanding of distributed state management
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to achieve their goals. You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Microsoft. Successful candidates should have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals, sharp technical design skills, and a healthy appetite for tackling hard, ambiguous problems. Job Responsibilities span the following areas:
* Author clean object-oriented code and efficient data structures capturing wide range of service runtime data with transactional semantics and schema versioning
* Design and implement distributed and highly scalable service metadata management system handling user-created assets (environments, event sources, ACLs, settings, all exposed via public ARM API/Azure Portal) and performing dynamic mapping/balancing of these assets over scale stamps, resource pools, storage systems, etc.
* Design, implement and evolve cloud runtime system (microservice framework used by all subsystems), tooling (monitoring, deployment) and processes to enable uninterrupted 24/7 operation of service subsystems across dozens of data centers
* Design and implement Disaster Recovery functionality with data and metadata redundancy across geos and support of switch-over.
* Extend runtime to enable running analytics components on Azure Stack, Azure IoT Edge and behind VNETs.
* Work directly with major customers in the industry to both diagnose and provide solutions for their technical scenarios
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.