What you'll be doing...
The Security Solutions Architect (SA) serves as the technical design authority and architectural expert for sales opportunities across multiple vertical and geographic regions, in support of the entire VES Security portfolio. They will engage in complex, strategic sales opportunities directly, and serve as the technical SPOC for such pursuits, leading teams of engineers and delegating as necessary. An SA will be capable of working independently on deals of various sizes or complexity, with general direction from leadership. They will consult with our customer's technical and business owners to create a strategy leveraging the strengths of our portfolio, and help execute that strategy within the sales and delivery organizations. Qualified candidates will possess multiple years of experience in the computing/information technology industry in a sales-oriented, technical design and engineering role, with an emphasis on security technologies and architectures, compliance and regulatory drivers, and risk management frameworks.
The Security SA will act as final arbiter of solution elements, and technical editor of proposal narratives. Their role in the sales cycle is to own, lead, and direct the technical elements of the opportunity, including customer presentation, requirements gathering, solution design, quote creation, and administrative support of the sale. They will participate in business discussions including defining support roles, service levels, pricing structure, and program management, and engage third party providers as necessary to complete the solution. They will support their Vertical or Regional Sales Management team(s), Partner Channels, Strategic Account Managers, and other sales engagement teams. They will engage SME's for assistance when necessary and appropriate. They will participate in collecting customer requirements, presenting company capabilities including performing live demonstrations and representing the company during commercial events and trade shows. They will serve a critical role in ensuring that all quoted solutions are supportable and manageable by the company including validating SLA language and fitness for operational stability. The Security SA role helps ensure that all technical questions are answered, all internal sales and approval processes are followed, and that the customer's requirements are fully met by the various teams involved in the quoting, implementation, and transition process.
A successful candidate will play a key partnership role to the field sales team as a technical advisor, and will report to the Manager of Security Solutions Architecture.
What we're looking for...
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
* Experience in a related business or technical field for at least 5 years
* Greater than 4 years of experience in the following areas:
* Cyber Intelligence and Analytics
* Security Policy Assessment & Development
* Global Managed Security Services
* Threat and Risk Intelligence
* Vulnerability Management
* Identity and Access Management
* Security & Network Architecture
* Governance Risk and Compliance
* Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with Verizon versus its competitors
* Mastery of commonly used security and Internet concepts, practices and procedures
* Superb presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and tailor content to audience as appropriate
* Excellent written and oral communication skills - examples of solution architecture diagrams, statements of work, and/or technical project plans required
* Experience working in a commissionable, high velocity sales environment with monthly quotas
* Practical knowledge of business concepts and financial practices in large enterprises
* Experience creating, maintaining, and following documented processes and procedures - sample work product desired
* Time management, task prioritization, and delegation skills
* Experience working with F1000 companies and similarly large enterprises
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Desired Skills & Experience
* Experience on a strategic long-term project highly desired
* Industry certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, PCIP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, CCSK, Security+
* Technology certifications: Cisco, BlueCoat, CheckPoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Splunk, Symantec
* Best Practices & Frameworks certifications: ITIL
* Experience with Salesforce.com or similar Sales Automation software including custom report generation
* Front-line Operations experience with relevant technologies for a revenue generating platform within a large enterprise
* At least 5 years in a customer-facing role
4+ years architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of security based product
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.