Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels. The DevOps Organization in Commercial Mobility helps to deliver and maintain Viasat's best-in-class in-flight wifi services to our global Commercial Airline customers.
You will be an engineering leader on a multi-disciplinary Systems and Architecture team working within a multi-regional, cross-functional software product organization. The Systems and Architecture team provides engineering guidance for new features that deliver value to our commercial airline customers. You will be responsible for working with the Product Management team and airline customers to generate and translate requirements into architectural artifacts and a development plan, and will support the DevOps teams as they execute throughout the product lifecycle. Your solutions will be interacting with a complex and dynamic SATCOM networking system and cloud enabled ground segment, requiring a broad multidisciplinary understanding and approach to problems. You will work with the other members of the Systems and Architecture team to incorporate features into a technical roadmap that feeds into the overall product portfolio roadmap for the business.
* 5+ years of experience developing system architecture solutions to challenging problems within the software domain
* Experience with leading systems level analysis and design by quickly understanding new technologies and domains, capturing requirements and use cases, and translating this into work to be done by cross functional software development teams
* Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
* Ability to work on and with distributed remote teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive interaction with product managers, customers, and developers
* Write documentation that is clear, concise, and speaks to a wide audience
* Problem solver with excellent leadership skills who can motivate others to reach company objectives
* BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
* Up to 10% Travel
* Technical and software engineering background in the areas of cloud computing, enterprise computing, servers, networking, and virtualization technology and products
* Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
* Knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, and HTTP
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
About Viasat Inc.
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.