Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, lead technology decisions, and come up with new ideas that will push a product above and beyond your competitor's products? Viasat is a unique blend of technical challenge, opportunity to excel, team camaraderie, and opportunity to work with industry leaders. Sounds interesting? Keep reading.
As a key member of Viasat's fast-paced corporate IT team, you will work closely with Application Development team in DevOps model in capacity of Hadoop (Cloudera) Administrator. Primary responsibilities includes performing routine Hadoop Admin tasks such planning, provisioning and maintaining Hadoop cluster environment. Monitoring and troubleshooting incidents, enabling security policies, capacity planning, performance tuning and upgrades. Managing data storage and compute resources for HDFS, HBase, Reporting cluster, YARN, QUARTZ and other components in the Hadoop ecosystem.
* Proven track record with Cloudera Hadoop administration
* 8+ years administration experience on Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, YARN, QUARTZ and Zookeeper
* 5+ years hands-on experience with supporting Linux production environments
* 3+ years hands-on experience with scripting with bash, perl, ruby, or python
* Be able to manager HDFS disk space, replication and connection
* Proven track record with troubleshooting YARN jobs
* Proven track record with HBase Administration, tuning, regionserver size and memstore allocation
* Hands on Experience with Apache Drill installation and configuration
* Excellent knowledge of Linux, AIX, or other Unix flavors
* Deep understanding of distributed Hadoop ecosystem, networking connectivity and IO throughput along with other factors that affect distributed system performance
* Working knowledge of automation tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Working knowledge of hardening Hadoop with Kerberos, TLS, and HDFS encryption
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology.
* U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence
* Ability to travel up to 10%.
* Experience hosting/supporting (Cloudera) Hadoop in Cloud is a plus
* Experience in Agile development environment (Scrum)
* U.S. Citizenship preferred.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
#LI - CSI
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.