Aurora works at the intersection of rigorous engineering and applied machine learning to address one of the most challenging, important, and interesting opportunities of our generation: transforming the way people and goods move.
Founded by three of the world's leaders of the self-driving vehicle industry, we design the software and hardware that will power the next revolution in transportation. We partner with others as we believe this allows us to move more quickly than any one company can move alone.
Aurora hires people who want to build the future of transportation. We are searching for a Program Manager. He/She will work closely with a multidisciplinary team in operations supporting software and hardware missions. This role lives between engineering, operations, and dispatch to ensure mission prioritization, execution, efficiency, and success. This person will work closely with management setting mission scheduling policy, process, workflow and planning.
* Overall management of the operations Software Quality Assurance team which includes vehicle software QA (triage) and Simulation QA.
* Own objectives and provide strategic and tactical plans for overall team structure, execution of objectives, and milestones.
* Champion efforts between Software, Mapping, Perception, Motion Planning, and Hardware as the direct liaison to those teams.
* Distill requirements and formulate clear communication between organizations and provide robust reporting with follow up actions.
* Drive process improvements and systems recommendations with software engineering, product and vehicle operations
* Create dashboards associated with assets and resources.
* Champion continuous improvement and promote software quality assurance best practices across teams.
* Report weekly metrics, successes, and opportunities to Exec team.
* BS or BA In a STEM field
* Ability to deep dive into technically complex issues
* Attract and interview top talent within the local and national markets
* Ability to travel 10%
* ADAS or AV specific experience
* Simulation scenario creation and test execution
* SIL/PIL experience
* Jira, Kanban experience
Working at Aurora
* Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to transportation, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next generation experiences in transportation
* We're a growing team of incredibly smart and very fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
More About Aurora
Aurora has assembled one of the most experienced leadership teams in the space to go build the next leading self-driving vehicle company - including leaders from Google / Waymo, Tesla, Uber ATG, Apple, and several others to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology quickly and safely around the world. We are partnered with some of the largest automakers on the planet and funded by some of Silicon Valley's best venture capital firms, including Greylock and Index Ventures.
<p>Aurora is a company developing software and hardware for the self-driving vehicle industry.