Job CategoryProducts and Technology
About Search Cloud and Search UI teams
With the largest implementation of Solr in the world (index churn of ~10TB and query volumes of 100M+ queries per day thanks to all the new Search driven Salesforce UIs), the opportunity for impact is huge.
We're on a mission to set a new bar for Search in the enterprise by working on areas like entity prediction, type ahead (instant search), machine learning, the platformization of search UI components, encryption and sharing descriptors in the index and unstructured search among other things.
The Search UI teams have become the glue that connects the users with highly productive features that represents time savings for our customers. It is through the Search UI that our customers will take advantage of very smart and customized backend algorithms. It's no proven that Search UI is on the top 3 most used UIs at Salesforce.
* Design and drive highly scalable and performant Search UI Architecture
* Determine architectural principles, frameworks and standards for Search UIs.
* Master our development process, culture and code base, then think of ways to improve it and implement within the Search UI teams.
* Mentor other members of the UI teams on the hybrid engineering model where engineers are expected to design and execute the necessary work to ensure quality in their own code as well as other engineers'.
* Create and maintain close relationships with other UI architects across Salesforce to collaborate, contribute and align on best UI practices in addition to ensuring search use cases are represented in the evolution of the UI platform
* Collaborate with other architects on Search to align on long range plans and validate feasibility of such plans.
* Work closely with a team of engineers, product managers, user experience experts and performance engineers to architect new features our customers will love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
* Represent Search UI teams with internal/external highly technical groups and be part of designs reviews for others.
* Implement test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, plus 10+ years of front end development experience with 2+ years of experience as an architect.
* Track record of being a top performer and successful mentor in current and past roles
* Proven Experience working with frontend frameworks ReactJS, Flux, Redux, Relay/GraphQL, ReactNative, Ember.js, Node.js
* Experience in architecting and building highly scalable web applications.
* Good understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design
* Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing using Java, JUnit, JSUnit, Selenium, Mocha and QUnit
* Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Eclipse IDE
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that inspire and motivate all levels of the staff
* Strong influencing skills
* Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development
* Master's degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field
* Experience with Search products.
* Experience with the Salesforce CRM application and platform
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.