Job CategoryProducts and Technology
About Salesforce Tech and Product Engineering
Our Tech and Product team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day.
(Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video)
We are Salesforce Engineering
Salesforce is building out our compute infrastructure team to reinvigorate the way we deliver, deploy, operate, secure, monitor, and repair our data centers and the code that runs across them - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced distributed systems engineers to operate and drive automation towards these goals.
The Network Engineering team is a dynamic, global team delivering and supporting the Salesforce infrastructure to meet the substantial growth needs of the business. We are looking for passionate Network Engineers who are fascinated by the technologies behind the Internet and cloud computing. The team is essential to the deployment of a consistent and stable infrastructure that both meets network engineering design standards and product goals. Our team believes that automation is key to building a scalable global network. In addition to fundamental Networking skills, the engineers must have Linux experience and background in network automation. Proficiency in Python, Perl, or Shell Scripting is required. Lead/Principal Network Engineers are expected to self-manage several projects at a time, providing regular status updates and identifying and pushing through obstacles.
* As a member of Networking Infrastructure, your core job responsibility will be to deploy network topologies, architectures, and services that solve for many requirements with an eye toward automating routine/repetitive tasks.
* Work cross-functionally with Sourcing, Technical Project Management, Network Architecture, Data Center Engineering and Network Software Engineering to generate implementation plans including Method of Procedure (MOP), Bill of Materials (BOM), Capacity Requests (CR), patch plans and rack elevations.
* Provide technical leadership and guidance during deployment activities in our Data Centers and PoPs, including in the areas of facility power, cooling, rack layout and cable management.
* Perform fault isolation and trouble resolution on network hardware, software, and circuits during the deployment phase.
* Maintain technical and training documentation, develop automation and tooling as needed.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience is mandatory
* IP networking fundamentals and experience in the application of IP protocols.
* Networking protocols such as BGP, OSPF, QoS, Multicast, MPLS (LDP, RSVP, CSPF, TE, P2MP, CBF, Auto-bandwidth, etc)
* High Availability protocols such as BFD, LFM, Graceful Restart, Non-Stop Forwarding, VRRP, and MPLS FRR.
* Cisco Nexus technologies such as VDC, vPC, VXLAN, etc
* Unix/Linux skills and the ability to code in Python, Perl, or Shell.
* Working knowledge of DWDM fiber-optic communications technology.
* Experience with GSLB, F5 LTM and GTM is required.
* Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
* Highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
* 10% to 30% of travel.
* Candidates should have a minimum of 8 years of industry experience in a similar environment.
* Demonstrated experience automating and managing networks (automated provisioning, remote configuration, etc.)
* Experience with field-based work in Collocation Facilities, Internet Exchanges, or Central Offices.
* Network certifications such as CCNP or JNCIP. Expert level certifications.
* Integrating Networks into the Public Cloud, such as AWS and GCP.
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce. We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.