Caviar is changing the way businesses and consumers order food from restaurants. We believe that everyone should have access to the best eateries in their city without any hassles. Want your favorite burger joint, but hate the traffic and long lines? We're a team of passionate foodies solving that exact problem for your home and office. At Caviar, we believe in an environment that allows you to be creative and go beyond the call of duty. We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who want to learn and grow with the company. Each and every day counts - you'll make a direct impact to the business starting from Day 1.
As an engineering manager on Caviar, you will build teams, products, and services that help hungry people find and enjoy delicious food, help entrepreneurial restaurant owners grow their businesses, and help couriers find fair and flexible work. Your team of talented engineers will own a crucial part of Caviars business, such as providing a remarkable ordering experience or ensuring orders are dispatched and delivered reliably and delightfully. We believe engineering management is a craft worthy of mastery, and were looking for an engineering leader who shares our passion for building impactful teams, products, and businesses.
* Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and business leads to define your teams vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers needs
* Build products, systems, and services that have immediate impact on our customers and partners
* Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
* Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
* Foster ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, pragmatism, and urgency in the team
* Hold your teammatesand yourselfto high engineering standards
* 5+ years of software development or equivalent experience
* 2+ years experience directly managing engineers (including providing mentorship, feedback, and investing in the career growth of your team members)
* A history of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and other engineering managers on developing roadmaps and executing against them
* Strong self-motivation to learn and grow
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Technologies we use and teach:
* Ruby, Rails, Python, AWS (ECS, CloudFormation, RDS, etc.)
* PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.