At Franklin Templeton, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Product Data Services team responsible for?
Product Data Services is a centralized and integrated product data distribution platform. We integrate the data from various sources, transform the data from its raw form to a consumable format and offer the data as a service to various internal applications and external clients. The product data that is displayed on all the Franklin Templeton websites, any Marketing and regulatory materials etc. is sourced from our platform.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Software Engineer - Product Data Services?
* Develop efficient, quality and maintainable code by leveraging best development practices and design pattern.
* Define, design, build & release processes including installation scripts and development of back out plan.
* Uses experiences to increase efficiency in developing unit testing approach, test cases, scenarios, and data.
* Reviews business requirements and drives clarifications for completeness. Validates feasibility and demonstrates ability to recommend potential technical solutions for the SDS.
* Creates estimates and submits LOEs for review.
* Ensures compliance with standards and procedures.
* Maintains application server environments.
* Develops and documents technical solution specifications and processes for requirements and provides alternate solutions.
* Evaluates and documents impacts to application resulting from (potential) change, including program code, data, downstream impact and interfaces.
* Leverages appropriate resources, structured approach, and application knowledge to resolve production issues
* Develops and documents the technical system design (TSD). Incorporates knowledge of existing interfaces and systems into the system design.
* Maintains adherence to architectural principles, standards, and strategies.
* Provides business and processing requirements as inputs for data modeling using application specific knowledge.
* Identifies impacts to interfacing applications and facilitates design discussions with appropriate teams. Identifies environment/system requirements (RAM, disk, CPU, servers, etc.)
* Demonstrates basic understanding of technical architecture principles and standards.
* Demonstrates expert proficiency in one or more programming languages or tools and expert proficiency in Relational / Object Oriented database technologies
* Demonstrates an understanding of specific business functions within a domain. Conducts requested external research (e.g. web, benchmarking, attends vendor conferences).
* Perform systematic analysis and logical processes to identify problem causes using best available tools and results.
* Able to formulate critical questions for input to resolution process.
* Ability to identify various potential causes, impacts and solutions for issues. Independently looks to various sources of information when analyzing issues (e.g., statistical data, SME opinions) Understands impact changes will have to existing plans and systems. Uses a structured approach to problem solving and decision making.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
What qualifications would help someone be successful in this role?
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
* 10 years of IT experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience in specific application domain space.
* Deep technical knowledge of specific application technologies space (i.e. Tibco Information Server, Informatica, Oracle and UNIX).
* Good knowledge on Data Integration and Data services.
* Basic knowledge on webservices would be an advantage.
* Good understanding of XML/JSON file structures.
* Basic knowledge on reporting applications such as Business objects and Tableau will be an advantage.
* Considerable experience in integrating application in a complex global environment.
* In-depth business knowledge with five years of experience in the financial industry.
* Comprehensive technology industry knowledge and insights
* In-depth knowledge of the specific application technologies and standards. Has knowledge of technical infrastructure, networking, and system operations. Has knowledge of hardware capacity planning and high availability solutions.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
* Onsite cafeteria*
* Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
About Franklin Resources
Franklin Resources, Inc. is a global investment management organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments.