At Franklin Templeton, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Sr. Software Engineer responsible for?
You will be working within the team that develops and supports a Master Data Management solution for clients centered around GoldenSource Customer Master solution. The master data solution is used extensively across the company across the globe for getting access to a clean golden copy of the client data. You will develop a full stack java application that uses Java/Oracle/GoldenSource/Informatica.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Sr. Software Engineer?
Will collaborate with peers, architects, systems analysts, product owners across technology and the business to design, develop and support master data management solution.
* Software Engineering: Actively participate in the implementation of complex projects/software products, the development of custom applications and in enhancements to existing systems. Plan and coordinate implementation activities. Initiate and manage the infrastructure related processes and coordinates with internal departments including but not limited to: infrastructure, hardware, networking and database engineering on defining the application deployment architecture and environment.
* Production Support: Proactively monitor and assess the overall system health check (performance, capacity, scalability) and provides recommendations to management. Identify, recommend and implement system enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, maintainability and scalability to applications. Participate and lead production support and troubleshooting for assigned applications to meet standard SLAs. Demonstrate the appropriate sense of urgency in analyzing, assessing and resolving production issues. Lead general system maintenance and upgrades (server refresh, database upgrades, etc.)
* Technical Leadership: Monitor and evaluate competitive applications, products, new technologies and practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects. Keep abreast of overall industry trends and enterprise initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have similar experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry, will be a fast learner, passionate about high impact projects, and will have superb communication skills. This is a full-time position and can be located in our San Mateo or San Ramon offices.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
* Minimum has 8 years of related experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Preferred Qualifications:
* Strong expertise and hands on knowledge in J2EE technologies like EJB, MDB, JSP, JSF, JMS, Java Scripts, Struts, Spring, Taglibs, AJAX, JQuery, JSON
* Expertise and hands on knowledge working with SQL, PL/SQL and database technologies
* Experience on XML technologies like Web Services, ReST, SOAP, WSDL, XSD
* Experience designing and developing applications using Weblogic Platform, Oracle RDBMS using Services Oriented Architectures
* Knowledge of customer data integration and master data management principles and technologies
* Knowledge of batch processing and ETL tools like Informatica
* Knowledge of Financial and Investment Management domains
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
* Onsite cafeteria*
* Only applicable at certain locations
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
About Franklin Resources
Franklin Resources, Inc. is a global investment management organization operating as Franklin Templeton Investments.