ParTech, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Brink Point-of-Sale (POS) software development team. This is a technical growth role. The ideal candidate will have solid foundation in software development with a passion for continuing to build upon that. This position will work out of our San Diego office, which is located just off the I-15 in Rancho Bernardo and houses most of our Brink Team.
Brink is a next generation, cloud-based POS system for the restaurant industry that is quickly becoming a market leader. Our Brink Development Team is a cohesive group of high performers that are passionate about building modern, mission critical systems that improve restaurant operations. As a robust, distributed, multi-platform system, Brink POS exposes developers to a number of different types of development, including Web and Windows client, server, cloud, database, and third-party software and hardware integrations.
PAR Technology Corporation is the parent company for three wholly owned business units providing systems and services for both government and hospitality sectors. PAR's largest business unit, Restaurant & Retail Systems (ParTech, Inc.), is the world's leader in technology products and service integration solutions for the quick service restaurant industry. With revenues of approximately $150M, this unit serves many of the largest restaurant companies in the United States and around the world.
* Design and implement solutions to requirements that are easily maintainable, deeply tested, and very high quality
* Obtain a good level of understanding in areas of the product worked on
* Work with the development and testing teams to ensure consistent, high quality deliveries
* Continually strive for increased efficiency, maintainability, and quality
* Perform peer design and code reviews and provide feedback on areas that need improvement
* Assist in the technical and professional growth of team members
* Take on additional responsibilities that might prove to be needed
* Maintain highly cohesive and collaborative relationships with team members and other coworkers
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality concerning PAR's and customer's information
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Minimum of two (2) years of software development experience
* Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
* Familiarity and comfort with agile software development principles and practices
* Fluency with C# and .NET
* Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure a plus
* Experience with unit testing frameworks and practices a plus
* Experience with database systems
* Experience with ASP.NET and/or WPF
* Good debugging skills
* Strong analysis skills and the ability to synthesize multiple perspectives
* A pragmatic approach to solving problems with off-the-shelf tools
* Strong written, oral and visual communication skills
* Proactive communication style; ability to question, clarify and document
* Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
* Passionate about building next-generation technologies, enjoys fast-paced environments, and loves to code
NOTE: This job description is intended to be illustrative of the position's duties and should not be construed to be an exhaustive statement of the essential functions of the job.
About Partech, Inc.
PAR Technology Corporation develops and markets products that assist hospitality operators around the world to better manage money, materials, people and the guest experience.