Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in multiple broader domains. As a Software Engineer at Riot, you have broad understanding of the entire development cycle while honing your craft in at least one area of specialization. Not only will you work with the technology needed to handle the scale of League of Legends, you will also be empowered to explore new solutions to surprise and delight our players.
In this specific role, you will work within the Content Efficiency (CEFF) team and you will report to an Engineering Manager on the team. As an engineer on CEFF, you will develop the core suite of tools and asset pipelines harnessed to develop LoL. A few examples of products from this team include:
* The Game Data Server (GDS), which tracks where and how edits to our game data are made, and makes the data available for any other parts of the pipeline that need it. More information can be found here: https://engineering.riotgames.com/news/game-data-server.
* Riot Editor, a tool crafted to help author the data served by the GDS. It supports editing data generically, and allowing us to customize the views for specific types of data. As an example, you would develop a brand new VFX editor for our artists within Riot Editor.
* A portable environment for these tools so our partners are easily able to build assets for the game without us needing to give full access to them.
* DataBuild, an incremental, dependency-driven build system that we're using to transform and package our data so that it can be loaded by the game.
These tools are all written in C++, with a dash of Python here and there, and make heavy use of the QT ecosystem for UI/UX.
* You will be an individual contributor software engineer, writing code and authoring architectural design documents.
* You will complete full projects of a scope/complexity larger than a single end-to-end feature, inclusive of breaking down the project and working across multiple folks and potentially multiple disciplines.
* Comfortable working on front-end UI, but also love getting their hands dirty at the lowest levels of the systems they work on. C++ experience is a must, python a bonus
* Technologies: C/C++, Python, Qt
* Experience with UX/UI design are a plus
* Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
* Open paid time off
* Retirement benefits with company matching
* Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
* Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
* We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.