In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, and over 100 million people now play the game every month. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul, or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players while also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Senior Software Engineers on Team China Technology (TCT) help launch new Riot products in China. They ensure successful launches by crafting technical architectures that meet regional requirements, and leading team collaborations between Riot, Tencent and our partners. Our customers are the millions of LoL players in China. Our Goals:
* Launch new global Riot features and experiences in China, while delivering new China-specific experiences, based on regional market requirements
As a Senior Software Engineer in TCT, you will collaborate closely with Riot + Tencent product and engineering teams to architect technical solutions for launching new Riot products in the region. You will also also lead and handle technical implementation of these solutions, while maintaining a quality and reliability.
* Set the technical direction + standards for your products (Craft).
* Lead and contribute to technical design + implementation (Programming).
* Use your broad knowledge to guide tough technical decision-making (Product Sense).
* Translate China's regional requirements into concrete engineering work.
* Guide high-quality engineering execution across complementary teams and partners.
* Build broad strategic understanding inside and outside your team.
* Technical authority: Broad theoretical knowledge + practical application of Software Engineering principles to global-scale distributed systems. You've spent 7+ years pursuing serious engineering challenges. You take every opportunity to keep your hands-on coding skills at a high level. Experience with the following preferred: A modern programming language (Go, Python, Java, Ruby, ...), Building + designing RESTful API interfaces, Common data persistence + communication technologies (SQL, NoSQL, Message Queue) as we as best practices for building large-scale, highly-available distributed systems
* Experienced Leader: You have been a Technical Leader for 4+ years, with a sound approach to setting the technical vision for your team. You understand that high-quality engineering isn't just about having sound architecture or fastest algorithm. What's also required is a maintainable codebase, an effective technical decision-making process, and ownership over how your code is deployed and performs in Production.
* Adaptable: You quickly adapt to new challenges, even if it's outside of your expertise. You excel in startup environments, are familiar wearing multiple hats, and have experience learning new skills across multiple domains and disciplines.
* Clear communicator: You create clarity in communication, by being concise and articulate. You listen well, you build positive relationships, and bring visibility to technical decisions made on your team to the broader company. You're fluent in Chinese and English, and can guide collaboration with Chinese-speaking engineers.
* Decision-maker: You have a framework for making decisions. You make trade-offs explicit, when balancing the long-term strategies and short-term tactics. You know when to call for help.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
* Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
* Open paid time off
* Retirement benefits with company matching
* Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
* Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
* We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Perform.
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.