In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
What you'll need
* Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science or related field.
* 2+ years of software development experience and strong coding skills, especially in modern C/C++/Python.
* D. in Computer Science (or related discipline) or Masters with relevant experience.
* Knowledgeable on cloud/container services and/or machine learning.
* Strong engineering experiences in large scale software development. Minimum of 2 years of software development experiences.
* Knowledgeable on deep learning, trained deep neural network(DNN).
* Ability to understand and implement complex algorithms efficiently and correctly
There are plenty of other skills that aren't required, but you'll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with computer vision, embedded system software development or related discipline.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Custom Vision team in Cognition builds products to make computer vision AI capabilities accessible to the widest audience possible. We leverage the power of deep neural networks under the hood to let users construct their own custom models tuned to their own particular scenarios. When one size doesn't fit all, we step in to allow developers to tailor their computer vision AI, whether they have a background in machine learning or not. We are looking for an individual well versed in the infrastructure challenges associated with training large machine learning models that can be deployed and edge devices.
What you'll doIn this role, you will
* Develop software and algorithms for computer vision and machine learning problems.
* Perform analysis on computer vision algorithms to diagnose and optimize the algorithms for performance(speed/memory/accuracy) improvement on GPU/NPU.
* Develop core computer vision engine that powers edge devices
* Write maintainable code with design document and unit tests and perform code reviews.
* Work closely with researchers to implement new computer vision techniques and algorithms.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.