We are the new and rapidly growing Autonomous Systems team at Microsoft and we're looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a background and interest in cloud services. If you have experience with kubernetes, containters, docker and are passionate about developing new technologies that can be deployed to users worldwide, this role is for you!
As a new and fast-growing team within Microsoft's Business AI organization, we are applying our best engineering capabilities and AI research to drive exciting new and innovative customer solutions within the autonomous systems space. Using cutting-edge machine teaching and reinforcement learning techniques, our vision is for our cloud-based solution to be the leader in the autonomous systems tidal wave - empowering intelligence within drones, robots, industrial control systems, etc.
By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to work closely with early customers as we define the product, refine its features, and generalize it to support many vertical industries. While previous AI or ML experience is not required for this role, you will have great opportunities to learn more about this area of technology in a fun-filled and driven team where you will get to work with experts in MSR and product teams across Azure to realize our vision.
If you are a cloud engineer looking to join a team on the cutting edge of AI within in a quickly growing market segment with the potential to be the next billion dollar business, this may be the opportunity you're looking for!
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team! To that end, we strongly encourage and welcome applications from qualified engineers of all backgrounds.
We look forward to hearing from you!
* Bachelors (and/or advanced) degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or another related technical field
* 4+ years of professional experience designing, implementing, and shipping a cloud service
* 7+ years of experience coding in C#/C++, Python and/or Java
* 2+ years of experience with containers, Kubernetes and/or similar technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Architect, build and operate a new cloud service for autonomous systems.
* Work with diverse teams in Azure such as Compute, Service Fabric, Kubernetes, ML, etc. to make the right technology bets and tradeoffs.
* Work closely with other sister teams and research to ensure we build a cohesive product that delights our customers and makes a difference in the market.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.