In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together.
People with disabilities are commonly early adopters of new technologies. Cognition's Ethics & Society team works closely with this passionate community to create solutions to the road-bumps in life. Our first step along that journey is Seeing AI (www.SeeingAI.com) - a talking camera app for people who are blind or have low vision. It leverages the latest artificial intelligence to describe the text, people, and objects in the environment.
* Bachelor in Computer Science or related field; Masters/PHD a plus.
* 5+ years experience developing software solutions.
* Strong coding skills in C#, C/C++, Java, Python, Swift, or another object-oriented language.
* Deep expertise in one or more of the technology areas listed above.
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We're looking for customer-focussed software engineers to help us build the next generation of Seeing AI. We operate as a small, agile team, where each member has the opportunity to work across the entire product, but also brings unique expertise in one or more specific area, such as:
* Native mobile development on iOS, Android, or using Xamarin.
* Developing cloud services at scale, including developing web APIs, working with cloud platforms, and monitoring site reliability.
* Applying machine learning to solve customer problems, including gathering data, training models, coding in Python, and reading the latest research papers.
* Building augmented reality experiences using ARKit and ARCore.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.