Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation team (CO+I) is the team behind the Microsoft's Cloud infrastructure and is responsible for innovating, planning designing, building and operating one of the largest datacenter fleets in the world. We support product teams by providing the secure and compliant, cost efficient and highly available global infrastructure that Microsoft's customers depend on. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency and a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world's largest online services.
To keep up with rapidly changing customer and business demands, CO+I is looking for a world class program management leader who can build and lead a team responsible for delivering complex changes to our global infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, has an ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and a desire to help shape the overall business. You will lead multiple simultaneous large-scale initiatives with a balance of technical leadership and strong business judgement. Customer empathy and relentless drive to help customers feel more confident in our cloud services are key attributes for being successful.
As an ideal candidate, you are a solution-oriented person with a combination of deep business and planning-related domain expertise and an analytical mindset. You must have the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to develop creative engineering solutions to drive changes in our complex and rapidly growing Cloud Infrastructure. This role requires familiarity with the breadth of Microsoft's online services, strong program management skills, analytical fluency, ability to work with both business and engineering teams as well as an instinct for and appreciation of the needs of multiple business and engineering stakeholders.
If you are looking for a high paced, high impact, high visibility role, our Director of Program Management role may be what you are looking for.
* 10+Years of Program Management experience with increasing levels of responsibility
* 5+ Years of People Management, including demonstrated experience building and leading high performing teams of 10+ or more direct reports
* Proven record to drive to and achieve results in midst of ambiguity and across multiple organizations.
* High proficiency in verbal and written communication, having the ability to interact with diverse groups across multiple organizational levels.
* Familiarity with common process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.) and ability to facilitate change management.
* Have a "sense of urgency" to drive resolution and an unquenchable desire to understand root causes and triggering events.
* High-performer - demonstrated ability to effectively manage, prioritize and drive results through others within a context of multiple competing priorities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Establish Program Management Office (PMO) function within CO+I. Work with team leaders on key programs and strategic initiatives to develop clarity on PMO scope and deliverables. Establish a results-oriented, metrics-driven programmatic approach to deliver strategic initiatives.
* Establish a scalable PM framework that provides visibility and ensures success for CO+I's project and program portfolio. Refine methodology, tools and templates for continuous improvement.
* Advance CO+I's PM capability by evaluating and improving program management capabilities and encouraging and applying PM best practices across the organization.
* Define best practices for business cases that drive long-term, integrated, cross-business solutions and road-maps that improve business performance and mitigate risk.
* Drives the identification and prioritization of opportunities for improvement across processes or services. Evangelizes proposed changes across groups.
* Drives simplification and automation to evolve processes, services, and solutions, to increase agility and efficiencies and lower costs.
* Build and lead the delivery of key projects and programs within the CO+I organization as well as across the C+AI division.
* Create, develop and lead a world class program management team that regularly and successfully delivers complex, impactful and visible infrastructure projects and programs.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.