Any Developer. Any App. Any Platform.
Microsoft continues to make big investments to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Come join the team responsible for delivering the Visual Studio family of products. It's an incredibly rich space with many challenging technical problems begging for well-designed, well-executed and innovative solutions. We create modern tools & services that help developers build apps & services for a variety of platforms, including Windows, iOS, Android, Azure and many more.
Read about, and try, the most recent releases of the Visual Studio family of products here: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com.
* Loves working with a smart, technical customer base
* Enjoys figuring out difficult technical problems in a foundational space that will affect Visual Studio's ability to deliver on features that target new platforms or provide new experiences
* Likes the idea that the code you build & design has one of the most direct correlations to developer satisfaction, and by delivering high quality, performant, and elegant experiences you can greatly enhance a developer's day-to-day enjoyment
* Wants to be part of a motivated and collaborative engineering team
* Software design, coding and debugging experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or professional software development experience
* 3+ years of experience developing commercial software
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a software engineer to help us deliver additional tools & services to significantly improve developers' productivity. You will work with program managers to understand customer needs, develop experiences that make them more productive as they work with their team members to develop their apps & services.
You will work in a collaborative environment to build features in tools & services, ship them to customers frequently and learn from customer feedback. You will build simple and powerful experiences in developer tools, highly scalable cloud services that the tools will connect to, and systems that monitor the health of the services. The software you build will help millions of developers all over the world.
You will become part of a team where learning from peers and growing as a team is a core principle.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.