At Gusto, we are building THE world-class people platform for small businesses, and our growth engineering team is laser-focused on finding new and innovative ways to bring users on to it. The team operates in a fast-paced, data-driven environment where the goal is to optimize for learning to improve all points of the journey of becoming a customer.
We strongly value end-to-end ownership. Gusto's growth engineers apply an entrepreneurial mindset to their day-to-day, working cross-functionally to master the ins and outs of the business, and using that knowledge to guide their work across a diverse tech stack, from creating front-end experiments, to working deep inside the product.
Here's what we're looking for:
* At least 5 years of full-stack software engineering experience
* Ability to deliver high-quality code across a diverse tech stack
* Strong communication and cross-functional partnership skills
* Strong critical thinking skills, and an obsession with making data-driven decisions
* Self-driven mindset, and the ability to work on a mix of open ended-experiment ideas and projects with detailed specifications
* Willingness to learn, and mentor others
* Experience with ES6, Ruby/Rails or similar (Django, Express, Play, etc.), and React or similar (Backbone, Angular, Ember, Vue, etc.)
* Experience working on Growth Engineering at another company
* Experience with event analytics (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, etc.) and experimentation (A/B, multivariate)
* Comfortable working with data and digging into numbers to find issues and insights.
* Loves thinking outside the box to come up with creative growth projects
Learn more about the team:
* Our Engineering Culture and Values
* How We Built a Service-Driven Team
* Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto's mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company's investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Gusto (formerly known as ZenPayroll) is a company developing payroll, benefits, and time tracking solutions.