Software Engineer, Data Management & Delivery
About the team:
At AppNexus, our data is our life line - we can only be as good as our data, and great data is critical for business success. Our data pipeline processes tens of billions of log records per day (more than 400TB of data) generated by our real-time bidding engines and ad serving platform. Data volume has rocketed over the past year and is continuing to increase - we have petabytes of data on store at this very moment.
The Data Platform team develops an in-house big data processing framework built around rapidly evolving product demands. Our platform powers over 1500 ETL jobs, including batch aggregations and joins, streaming pipelines, and event-level data export to hundreds of clients. These jobs serve client-facing reports with millions of requests per day, billing and invoicing, optimization engines, and data scientists. We're looking for a team-member to co-own the platform with us and drive investments as we further scale in the coming years.
About the job:
* Write maintainable platform code that helps engineers efficiently build data pipelines
* Own a client-facing system for exporting event-level data to the cloud
* Work with users to perform research and drive adoption of new big data technologies
* Containerize our applications via Docker and Kubernetes
* Develop tooling for data governance
* Work with product managers to bring high-impact features to market
* Develop monitoring/alerting systems and maintain stability and optimal performance
* Live on the cutting edge and help bring POCs to production
About your skills and experience:
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of software development experience
* Experience using Java or Scala
* Experience building high performance distributed applications, preferably in a Linux environment
* Experience with Hadoop ecosystem is a plus
* You're passionate about technology and are up to date with the latest technologies
* Strong Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
More about you:
* You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
* You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
* You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
* You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
AppNexus is proud to offer equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We strive to foster a diverse, inclusive and engaging work environment. We welcome applications from all candidates and look forward to receiving yours! Our inclusivity in action:
* Partnering with Path Forward to offer returnships to help caregivers reenter the workforce
* Sharing feedback openly through roundtable discussions on how to make progress on our Diversity & Inclusion goals
* Galvanizing diversity and inclusion through our affinity groups (including OutNexus, AppNexus Women's Network, AppNexus Latino Alliance and BlackNexus to name just a few!)
* Partnering with Fairygodboss to support our commitment to women's advancement in tech
* Providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, both for interviewees and for employees. Should you require any accommodations, please let us know at your earliest convenience so that we may make arrangements
Job ID 1929917 Date posted 06/11/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.