We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The purpose of the Customers team at Square is to understand and build products that support our merchants and their patrons. We use data across Square ecosystem to help our merchants understand their customers.
Our product suite includes CRM, omni-channel marketing (e.g. email, social advertising), loyalty + rewards, feedback and messaging. We're looking for talented individuals to help build the next generation of our Customer Engagement Applications and Data Platform. These products are used cross-functionally within Square's ecosystem, and are highly valued by our sellers as the best way to engage, retain and acquire customers.
* Design and build new features that enable merchants to better understand and serve their customers
* Deliver APIs that make it easy for internal and external developers to interact with customer data
* Devise solutions to performance and scalability challenges as our customer data set continues to grow
* Use your passion for building great software to develop meaningful, delightful merchant and customer facing features that help our merchants connect with, engage and reward their customers
* Work closely with product management, design and internal teams to understand needs and develop solutions to improving operations and end-user experience
* Leverage our vast data set and build features across the entire technical stack, from the database all the way to the Square Point of Sale app and more
* Be pushed to stretch yourself by learning new technologies, system designs and paradigms
* Knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization
* A consistent track record of shipping quality software that positively impacts your end customer
* 4+ years of software development experience or equivalent
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar experience
* A strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
* Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
Technologies we use and teach:
* Go, Java, Ruby / Rails, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis
* Ember.js, ES6, Sass
* Android, iOS/Cocoa
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.