We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As our merchants businesses grow Square grows with them. Managing employees timecards, tips, paychecks and taxes has been a significant growing pain for merchants of all sizes and is a huge opportunity for innovation and simplification. That means that we're creating one of the basic building blocks for Square as it continues to grow and serve larger businesses. The APIs we define and the features we build enable Square to service customers of any size.
The Team Management team is a cross-discipline team where engineers sit side-by-side with our design, support, product, and operations teams. Were continuing to build out our backend, great new UI, and operations and support systems, which means you can contribute across the architectural stack.
As a Technical Engineering Lead on Point of Sale team, you will:
* Contribute to, and lead engineering designs and implementations for the Team Management features (timecards, employee permissions model, 3rd party APIs, and more)
* Work full-stack in order to optimize database transactions and build distributed systems and front-end web and mobile applications
* Collaborate with stakeholders including customers, product managers, and cross-functional partners
* Monitor system performance and ensure our systems can scale as our business grows
* Help mentor other developers on the team
* Improve and develop the teams technical best practices
* Work with teams across Square to provide the most cohesive user experience in the industry
* BA/BS degree or equivalent industry experience (6+ years preferred)
* Interest in building a product as a platform and working full-stack
* A strong sense of customer empathy; understand number accuracy matters and desire to influence the product direction
* Innate curiosity and desire to build products with engaging experiences that merchants depend on
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.