Micro Focus International
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT-fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Take charge of your future and join our team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world's software landscape.
About the Role
Talented software developers are at the heart of Micro Focus. Working alongside industry experts you'll be learning on the job while being given the opportunity to expand into more diverse roles. We enjoy a great team spirit working in a relaxed, goal orientated atmosphere on a wide range of technologies and platforms. Based in Rockville, MD we collaborate with our Design Centers around the world to deliver high quality products to our extensive customer base. We recognize the importance of passion and talent and offer a package designed to attract and retain the best.
The Software Engineer
* Develops and maintains software solutions using agile programming methodology for highly complex software solutions which allow customers to develop, test, maintain and run Enterprise applications on contemporary platforms.
* Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
* Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
* Collaborates and communicates with our award winning Customer Care team and other internal teams and development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 0-3 years job experience
Knowledge and Skills:
* Proficiency in C/C++ or C#
* Excellent communication skills
* Desire to work in a vibrant, fast paced technical environment
* A highly personable team player who is able to work effectively with colleagues and customers focused on achieving a wide range of goals
* The following are considered are ideal:
* o Proficiency in several programming languages, including C++ or Java
* o User Interface development in Java (Eclipse) and or Visual Studio
* o Agile development experience
* o Systems programming experience in C, C++, C# or JAVA
* o Experience writing automated test suites.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
About Micro Focus International
Micro Focus International, an infrastructure software company, develops, sells, and supports software products and solutions to federal, airlines, and healthcare industries.