Archer Daniels Midland Company
ADM Investor Services has been a leader in the futures brokerage industry for more than 50 years. We are a registered Futures Commission Merchant providing comprehensive services to retail, commercial and institutional clients. Our work is supported through a network of Introducing Brokers, non-clearing FCMs, branch offices, subsidiaries and sister companies across the United States and around the globe. ADMIS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM). Learn more at http://admis.com/.
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in nearly 200 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Software Engineer - Chicago, IL
ADM Investor Services, Inc.
This is an exempt level position.
As we expand our customer offerings into a services based cloud native format, we are in need of an additional software engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the latest and greatest technologies and use your skills as part of a solid team to build our key customer facing systems.
* Write high-quality, secure, efficient, scalable and reusable code which protects customer privacy and confidentiality at all times
* Always perform unit tests and take responsibility for the quality of your own code once in production environments
* Partner with our architects to break our existing monolithic applications into more modern decoupled micro services
* Extend existing system functionality based on user requirements; analyzing code to identify areas for modification, as well as, maintain and support existing products
* Provide input on our architecture, databases, and APIs
* Test, evaluate and recommend technologies to improve our overall solutions
* Be a key participant in our agile development process
* Produce excellent documentation
* Promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
* BS Degree in Computer Science (or related technical equivalent)
* 3+ years of Software Development experience, 5+ years preferred
* Experience with frameworks like Bootstrap, React
* Experience with VSTS, Azure Pipeline, Builds and Releases (Optional)
* Experience with API publishing and certification
* Strong background in automated testing tool-set on both traditional and Cloud systems with coverage on API, Azure based Micro services
* Good experience in dealing with the complexities arising from interface incompatibilities and building solutions to quickly identify the breakages
* Knowledge of client- and server-side web app performance scaling techniques
* Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL data stores and familiarity in performing Load and stress testing using automated tools
* Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
* Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
* Preferred experience: Docker, Kubernetes, Graphql, Service Fabric, Kafka/Service Bus, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
About Archer Daniels Midland Company
Archer Daniels Midland Company deals in agricultural commodities and products.