Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefit available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon's broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of own cloud based game engine, the announcement of soon to be released PC games and our acquisition of Twitch. Twitch, Lumberyard, New World, Crucible, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
In this role, it is Day 1 and you will build and lead a technical team to support the evolution of Twitch Prime and the launch of new business models that targets gamers across these assets worldwide with a systematic program of engagement, to make sure they get the most out of our expanding game offerings and the broader Amazon.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management and engineering background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a leader, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Hire and manage a team of engineers to plan, design, and deliver complex systems
* Work closely with the business leaders to translate functional requirements into technical requirements.
* Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
* Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
* Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
* Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
* Lead design reviews, providing direction and feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as system integration, performance, and scalability issues
* Build and deliver complex systems that leverage our technology platform and work well with other company systems
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.