Brief Posting Description
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging, or designing software applications, operating systems, and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area, which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically, ten years of software engineering or related experience.
A job at Oracle Responsys Platform is not only a fantastic career opportunity but also an opportunity to be a part of something big! We are currently hiring top talent to help innovate our next generation platform and want you to be a part of it. The ideal candidate must have passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of distributed computing, high volume transaction processing, and large-scale system design.
Our success requires us to process over 1.4 billion transactions a day in a SaaS environment. We are seeking individuals who can handle the challenges and opportunities of developing software that operates at this scale while expanding our functionality to further the lead that Responsys has over the competition.
Software Development Manager is to lead the development of data platform area and high concurrent, high performant, multithreaded applications built as part of data platform. In addition, manage the architecture, design, development, and maintenance of platform frameworks and applications. This manager will work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Operations, and Customer Services teams to understand business requirements, derive scope for the releases.
Work with Architects to translate requirements into actions including architecture, design, and code and test, those results into a high quality product. Successfully work with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Project Management, Architects, User Experience, Application, Data Services, Operations, and Quality Assurance teams. Lead a team of engineers to deliver high quality software on time.
* BS/MS in computer science or other relevant technical degree
* 10 years of professional related experience in Java/J2EE web application development that includes 3 years in leadership role
* Experience with enterprise platform software that deals with high concurrency, performance, high availability, scalability, and other quality of services
* Competence in full life-cycle software development and on time delivery with high quality
* Excellent leadership, project management, communication and negotiation skills
* Strong analysis and problem-solving skills, as it relates to application development and infrastructure
* Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
* Mentor and motivate the team for optimal performance
* Ability to thrive in a highly productive, customer oriented environment
* Ability to contribute to and manage multiple projects / demands simultaneously
* Experience with high volume distributed platform development in a SaaS environment
* Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology
* Experience with enterprise platform software that deals with high concurrency, performance, high availability, scalability, and other quality of services highly desired
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.