Join the Sponsored Ads Advertising team at Amazon- and build the next generation of self-service advertising products and platform for Amazon vendors. Amazon is investing in technology to unleash superior funnel insight with the purpose of driving return on investment for all advertisers, while powering a better shopping experience with more relevant ads for Amazon retail customers. We are doing this with innovative advertising experiences, both free and paid products, all backed by Amazon's scale and commitment to customer experience.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor for what is becoming a core part of the overall Amazon business strategy.
Online advertising includes the highest levels of challenge on the technical side, with high transactional loads, big data, modeling, cross-stack product and UX design, combined and directly connected with a marketplace of supply and demand. It is a very high stakes, competitive industry, which attracts the highest level of research and engineering investments. Amazon is just getting started, and there is a lot of opportunity for seasoned talent to come in and significantly shape how advertising based monetization of ecommerce property takes shape on the web.
As a Manager, Software Development in Headline Search Ads you will lead a set of teams and leaders to solve complex, mission critical problems throughout the software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing and operations. You will drive the architecture and grow the strategic vision of HSA. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. You need to enjoy working closely in a peer group of highly talented leaders.
We are looking for smart, results oriented leader, with a proven background in leading and growing the organization in both people and capabilities. You must be technically deep, able to understand and drive to closure to issues in a real time services oriented eco-system. At the same time, you must be able to work well across multiple organizations, coordinating, planning, and working with multiple teams to solve problems. The ideal leader has experience in software development, testing, and project management.
* Building innovative and complex software. A strong technical Manager, with total 10+ years of industry experience of which at least 10+ years of software development experience and 5+ years managing software development teams.
* A track record of effective communication with diverse executive team and non-technical leaders
* Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
* Experience in diving deep into telemetry, metrics and usage analysis through the use of data analytics tools. Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems
* Prioritization and planning of projects and features
* Monitoring, validation, and operation of production services
* career management and development of reports
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.