Amazon Prime aims to become Earth's largest and most loved membership program. Where do we currently stand? Over ten years, over one hundred million of members - delivering much loved benefits including fast free shipping, exclusive selection and pricing, early access to deals, extensive Prime Video (including award-winning Amazon Originals), Prime Music and Prime Reading libraries, accessible across all your devices. We even invented a global shopping day - Prime Day - and further changed the shopping landscape. By creating benefits that encourage high engagement and high spend (directly or indirectly), Prime has become one of the largest flywheels driving Amazon's continued and rapid growth.
However we are far from done, and we need to continue inventing on behalf of our members globally to maintain our place as a relevant, crucial and irreplaceable component of their lives. We will never stop improving the existing portfolio of benefits, or inventing and adding incredible new ones. All these efforts pay dividends by driving more share of wallet, attracting more members from under-served segments, and driving Amazon forward. Prime is at the epicenter of Amazon - its backbone - and you will quickly find that you are in a very high profile role engaging with teams from Prime, Retail, Shipping, Video, Music, Kindle and Business Development to name a few plus of course country teams around the globe.
Amazon Prime is looking for talented Business Intelligence Engineers to help drive this product evolution of the world's biggest customer membership program. Prime Decision Sciences is a cross-functional team of Software Engineers, Data Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers, Research Scientists and Product Managers whose vision is to enable insight driven decision-making for Amazon Prime worldwide. We build analytical products for self-service reporting; develop machine learning-driven targeting; and create software solutions which help Prime to innovate faster.
Prime is one of the highest-visibility groups across Amazon, and central to the Amazon flywheel. We harness insights from data to provide customers with relevant and enticing benefits in more than 15 countries. This is a tremendous opportunity for Business Intelligence Engineers who want to develop innovative ways of interacting with and interpreting business metrics, and shape the future of Prime worldwide. You will have the chance to work with and understand a multitude of aspects of customers' interactions with Amazon, from subscription behaviors to shipping usage, from usage of digital benefits (Music/Video/Reading/Twitch) to brand new product offerings. Your work will include the end-to-end development of self-service reporting, analytical investigations and data sciences. You will use your excellent communication and technical skills to translate a variety of business problems into analytical solutions, collaborating with and challenging business owners to make better decisions on behalf of Amazon and our customers.
* Creating analytical services and products that solve business problems and drive effective decision-making at scale
* Creating and maintaining mechanisms which enable stakeholders with varied technical skillsets to self-service
* Revealing insights about our customers that inform how we evolve the Prime program
* Providing thought leadership as a trusted, cross-functional Business Intelligence expert
* Liaising between Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Finance and Product Management teams to influence prioritization and drive requirements of projects
* Instituting processes to reduce redundancy and improve data acquisition and data quality at scale
* Leading and mentoring less experienced engineers, providing guidance on analytical approaches, prioritization trade-offs, and how to frame complex business problems
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.