Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
We're looking for a Software Development Manager to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love.
As a Software Development Manager for the Alexa team, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and driving the design, development, testing, and deployment of distributed systems and big data solutions from AI, ML, NLU, and ASR research initiatives pushing the boundaries of machine intelligence. A successful candidate will have an established background in building services, managing the development of existing code, scaling systems with large data sets, automation, developing customer-facing experiences, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment. Additional responsibilities include:
* · Hiring, developing, and mentoring engineers, and managing the day-to-day activities of the engineering team in an Agile/Scrum environment
* · Working closely with engineers and scientists to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* · Owning the strategic planning and project management for long-term engineering projects, creating value for our customers
* · Management of the over-all systems development life cycle
* · Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from research teams, software engineering teams, and other technical and business teams
* · Regular reporting on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.