Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action.
We are looking to hire a software development manager for Performance Advertising pipeline that includes campaign management, ad serving, clicks ingestion and experimentation systems. Our partners depend on core campaign and ad serving pipeline to deliver features for our advertisers.
The Ad Campaign Management and Publishing pipeline enables advertisers to create and manage their campaigns in self-service manner and real-time publishing of advertising catalog changes to ad serving systems. This is a high scale distributed storage system handling thousands of requests-per-second, a large (TB) catalog size with millions of entities published updates/day. The Ad Serving system supports ad serving for Sponsored Products (SP) and Sponsored Brands (SB), It is an extremely large scale, distributed, and highly available system that hosts specialized logic of sourcing, relevance, and auction, while providing low-latency. The core service serves billions of request/day, and makes use of large, distributed and highly optimized in-memory caching techniques. The Ad Request logging system accrues millions of clicks and billions of impressions with realtime ingestion of data at a petabyte scale.
In this role you will start out leading a service end to end. This will entail deep distributed systems work but also multi-site org building.
You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these database services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues.
You will manage a team of engineers and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a manager of software development in Ads, you will part of the larger technical leadership community that forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
* Hire, mentor and lead a software development team.
* Lead design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
* Responsible for identifying, commissioning and leading work on complex, large-scale systems that have a major impact on the entire company.
* Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
* Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
* Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
* Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
* Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
* Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor.
* Operations of the service as a mission-critical system.
* Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
* Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.