Are you ready to be a part of something new and exciting? Ready to be part of something that not only will you be proud of, but you will use as well? We are building out a new system which touches almost every part of Amazon which will be innovative and exciting. We're just starting development so there is a lot of work to be done.
We need a seasoned manager who is experienced in building teams at Amazon, new service development, working with business teams, and growing your team to be successful. This is a chance to come in and learn a new business area, launch something huge, and be a part of it from the beginning.
Come be part of a hand picked team to build new systems from scratch, integrate with external and internal teams to complete the end to end solution. Our team focuses on Fulfillment, SCOT, Last Mile, Promise, and Pricing and we need more people to make it happen. We are just starting development and it is the perfect time to get in and make a difference. Work side by side with Sr SDEs, Principal Engineers, Principal PMs, and Sr Mgrs and be part of a team that is as fun as it is strong.
In this team you will have the opportunity to:
* Solve challenging problems at significant scale
* Work on innovative systems that are still in their beginning stages
* Be an actively contributing member of an agile development team, and have a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of a mission critical project
* Work in a start-up environment with the backing of a strong corporate support culture within Amazon
We are looking for a software development Manager with expertise and passion for developing teams to build large scale distributed systems and services. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
* Helping your team build functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
* Lead your team through the successful development of the massive system
* interact directly with Directors, CEOs, and VPs of the systems we work with
* Be a part of the overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
* Mentoring other engineers, defining our technical culture, and helping to build a new fast-growing team
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.