Twitch is looking for a Security Architect to join our Security Architecture & Engineering group. The team is responsible for designing and implementing key security controls and event monitoring technologies, providing input on Security concerns across the company, and being general Security subject matter experts for all kinds of various needs. We're looking for a person that wants to participate in a positive, encouraging team that cares about the people it protects. Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply.
As a Security Architect you will provide technical direction, oversight, and execution guidance for several of the team's ongoing projects. You'll be the person the engineers turn to when they're not sure how to do something, or which technology option best suits a project. The engineers on this team are primarily focused on individual security project execution; the Architect is focused on major project security consulting and providing key design and direction guidance for new initiatives. We do not expect expertise in all of the team responsibility areas, but we do expect you to be fluent with almost all of them and demonstrate technical expertise in several.
This team is focused on the following responsibility areas of information security. You will focus on one or more of them. You can expect to learn about all of them to some degree as you spend time on this team and as your role expands. We do not expect that you're an expert in all of these responsibilities. We want you to be familiar with several of the team's responsibility areas, or well versed in one of them and interested in the other areas. We know that lots of good people don't give themselves enough credit for their own competency. If you think that you're interested, and that you may be qualified, please contact us. You cannot waste our time. Let us worry about our time.
You'll find a Requirements section far below. If you meet all these then we encourage you to apply. If you only meet some of them but think this role sounds like something you'd be great at, we encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you bring something unique to the team, we encourage you to apply.
* Propose, evaluate, and oversee development of security tools and systems to solve capability challenges
* Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research.
* Conduct sophisticated architecture reviews - from high level web application architecture to OS level parameters in order to meet security goals
* Design patterns, repeatable guidance, and where necessary, policy
* Recognize, adopt and instill good practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence, and more. We're building good habits across the org
* Security consultation with both product-focused and horizontal teams, both engineering and not
* Exercise risk-based judgment, and to help teams to make the right security calls
* Design and coordinate cohesive security-centric strategies and toolsets to achieve our team's goals
* Support periodic on-call escalation responsibilities
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.