Are you looking for a challenge? We are looking for a talented leader with strong technical and management background.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead your team to engineer, scale, and optimize large scale distributed systems. You will collaborate with technical teams and business owners within the fulfillment world, using your engineering background to optimize Amazon's world-class operations workforce.
Opportunities abound in Amazon's Labor Management, Planning, & Scheduling Organization! We build cool technology to ensure that the right people are in the right places at the right times to power the largest fulfillment operation in the world.
A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance services and architectures require exceptional technical expertise. If you have that type of expertise, you enjoy working on complex system software, you are customer centric, and you are motivated about building systems that can be operated at global scale with minimal human intervention, then we want to talk to you!
* Manage overall software development life-cycle
* Leader of multiple software engineers in one team
* Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
* Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
* Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
* Work with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
* Own all operational metrics and support
* Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
* Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
* Set clear, measurable quality goals for the team in a data-driven way
Personal traits not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
* Demonstrate excellent judgment, are right a lot
* Hire and develop the best people
* Able to dive deep and never out of touch with the details of the business
* Strong results orientated approach.
* Think big and have a bias for Action
* Deal well with ambiguity
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.