Career CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description
Are you eager to take your software development testing skills and use them in creative new ways to test ground breaking software that helps develop life-changing biotech medicines? Amgen is using cloud technology, DevSecOps frameworks, and migration and continuous deployment pipelines to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses. We are seeking an SDE/T engineer to fill a position in Amgen's newly built Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team. Our small product team is a high-energy, tight-knit group who builds our DevSecOps framework used globally by Amgen development teams.
This position focuses on building a fully automated test framework to programmatically qualify and validate Amgen's DevSecOps framework to meet FDA regulations. This is an industry-leading effort developing automated testing for a DevSecOps framework across dev, test, pre-prod and production environments. Our DevSecOps platform is built using open-source and AWS services. You must have a strong background in programmatic, end-to-end test design, full-stack testing, and love tackling challenging engineering problems with creative solutions.
* Build a new end-to-end automated test service for the DevSecOps framework so it can programmatically test and meet FDA regulatory requirements
* Work closely with Amgen's Quality and Regulatory teams to ensure the end-to-end test harness meets FDA requirements
* Design an extensible framework so client teams can use the test harness to validate their applications
* Provide test expertise and consulting to other Amgen teams working to build automated testing for FDA validation for their applications
* Effectively test using public cloud environments, particularly AWS
* Work with other test engineers at Amgen and help lead and evolve the best testing practices across our scientific and client teams
* Be an integral member of the core DevSecOps/DataOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operate the service 24x7x365 globally
Master's degree and 2 years' experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience
Associate degree and 10 years of directly related experience
High School / GED and 12 years of directly related experience
* BS or MS in computer science or related field
* 3+ years testing in an agile, TDD driven development environment using automated unit, acceptance, CI, and system testing shipping commercial software through at least one development lifecycle
* 2+ years building custom test harnesses and frameworks that programmatically enable full-stack and end-to-end testing
* Have a fine-tuned ability to work towards excellence and pay meticulous attention to details
* Experience testing web service technologies using automated DevSecOps frameworks with modern programming languages and application frameworks
* Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster management for container orchestration
* Understand security and encryption technologies. Knowledge of authentication protocols including OpenID, OIDC, OAuth, SAML, and LDAP.
* Experience using Jenkins and opensource test tools
* Familiarity testing serverless computing and microservice functions a plus
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Amgen provides benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Amgen engages in the development of human therapeutic products in supportive of cancer care, inflammation, nephrology and bone diseases.