Career CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description
Would you like to take your software and system engineering skills and help deliver ground-breaking and life-changing biotech medicines? Amgen is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to fill a position in our newly created Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) team. We are currently building a team of SRE's who are joining our existing DevSecOps software engineering team.
Site Reliability Engineering is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering into its DNA. SRE is a passion for automating the complexities of orchestrating and running cloud application services. SRE's dislike doing things twice, so they automate each step along the way! They have an attitude of automating, deploying, fixing, and operating production systems using CI pipelines and self-healing code. Collaboration with business owners and understanding diverse business requirements is a core skill. SRE's work across application groups ranging from research, manufacturing, sales and marketing, to drug development.
* Work with applications to use automated CI/CD pipelines and build secure cloud environments, identities, and services. Deploy applications into these cloud environments through automated processes and programmatic services.
* Maintain application reliability and uptime SLAs throughout the application lifecycle using programmatic self-healing and software automation
* Develop software to monitor and improve end-to-end platform performance, identify runtime deficiencies, find potential failures, and fix production issues
* Build deep, full-stack knowledge of the complexity of our platforms and applications. Work to simplify and automate deployment processes, run-time operations, and provide non-disruptive releases.
* Improve the durability, simplicity, performance, and maintainability of our integrated landscape
* Apply your expertise to our most complex digital projects. Meet with department and business unit clients to understand their application needs.
* Be responsible for driving feedback and new design ideas back into the DevSecOps platform team. Help identify and remediate architectural problems, scalability, availability and performance issues.
* Be an integral member of the core DevSecOps/DataOps development team and help develop, test, deploy, and operated the service 24x7x365 globally.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience
Associate degree and 6 years of directly related experience
High School / GED and 8 years of directly related experience
* Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud technology platforms
* Hands-on experience with configuration frameworks for deployment such as AWS CloudFormation Templates, Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Salt
* Solid knowledge of various Linux environments. Distro's include Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, RedHat, and Amazon Linux, as well as familiarity with Windows OS's.
* Understand security and encryption technologies. Knowledge of authentication protocols including OpenID, OIDC, OAuth, SAML, and LDAP.
* Knowledge of Docker containerization and Kubernetes/EKS cluster management for container orchestration
* Experience with automated monitoring frameworks such as InfluxDB, Grafana, Telegraf, Fluentd, Kapacitor, etc.
* Application and system level debug and triage experience.
* Experience managing distributed runtime applications using programmatic interfaces
* 1-3 years' experience running full stack application deployments and infrastructure cloud services (Storage, VMs, Network, etc.)
* BS or MS in computer science or related field
* Familiarity deploying, monitoring, and running serverless computing and microservices a plus
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Amgen provides benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Amgen engages in the development of human therapeutic products in supportive of cancer care, inflammation, nephrology and bone diseases.