Amazon is a fast-moving machine with millions of financial transactions occurring every day. With compromised transactions and data breaches often in the news, fraud and abuse is top of mind for the Finance Automation org. Fraud and other irregularities are pervasive and costly to fight. Investment in anti-fraud technology goes beyond protecting Amazon from reputational, regulatory, and financial damage. With regulations pushing financial risk identification closer to real time, there are abundant opportunities to reduce cost and leakages through efficiencies while developing a holistic view of risk to Amazon.
Unlike rules, which are easy for fraudsters to test and circumvent, the application of machine learning has been effective in the detection and prevention of fraud. Identifying patterns in large volumes of data, recognizing deviations from said pattern, providing analytics, automating investigation processes, and implementing preventative procedures is at the core of what we do. We take advantage of big data architectures to consolidate data across typically isolated functions. It only makes sense to bring these functions together for a complete view of risk and actionable workflows.
Do you want to be a pioneer on a newly formed team and grow as a leader? Is Hiring and Developing the best one of your super powers? Do the below challenges excite you?
* Build an expenses data lake that feeds into various systems for approvals, audits, and investigations.
* Forecast potential outliers by predicting personal spend based on past expense submissions, user profiles, and spending patterns.
* Create workflows and interfaces to streamline the ad-hoc fraud investigative process by gathering external and internal data related to expenses.
* Prioritize work using smart rules, recommend investigative steps, and fast-track straightforward issues.
* Present abuse and fraud issues in easy-to-understand visualizations, appropriate for the investigator and senior leader alike.
* Explore innovative ways to automate investigations and reduce manual dependency on investigators.
Talk to us to find out more about this unique opportunity to build safe and secure financial products for Amazon.
We are seeking a passionate Software Development Engineer (SDE) who can help us create the next generation anti-fraud technologies. An SDE in Finance Automation works on real world problems at a global scale, owns their systems end to end, and influences the direction of our technology that impacts millions of employees and customers around the world. You can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations. Come join us in making history!
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.