Pyxis team supports the AWS Builder Tools services such as Apollo, Code Deploy, Quilt, and many other developers focused services. Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and as a member of the AWS Pyxis team, you will be exposed to most AWS services and technologies. We are at the forefront of supporting Cloud technologies for our customers. Our engineers work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver these cutting-edge services to our customers.
We're looking for an Operations Manager who can anticipate the needs of our customers. You will manage the operations of our engineers to work to improve quality through automation of testing, deployment, and problem analysis. Our team drives the deployment velocity for our AWS Builder Tool services. If you work in DevOps, know how to talk to developers, and can meet their Systems Engineering (SE) needs then we want to talk to you!
As a manager on this team you will play a critical role and help to grow and develop your staff. We place a high emphasis on employee development and making sure there are opportunities for personal growth. You will be part of a management team, where each manager has their own sub teams. The management team as a whole need to work closely together to make sure we are maintaining consistent standards and level of support for all of the services we support. This job role is about being part of a team, even as mangers, and needs people who want to be team players in an environment where they will be supported by their peers.
This role can work out of Herndon or Seattle.
In this role, you will:
* Manage a highly technical team of support engineers, system engineers, and system development engineers
* Coordinate operations work with multiple Pyxis service team managers to plan, deploy, and support large scale AWS services and features
* Be a point of escalation for operational events, support best practices, and drive operational issues to resolution.
* Represent regional issues and drive organizational resolution with Builder Tools Leadership
* Audit and improve system metrics, alarms, and architectures to ensure high availability.
* Devise, develop, and champion AWS SE best practices within and between teams
* Monitor service trends to identify opportunities for improvements within existing frameworks, tools and processes to continuously improve systems
* Drive operational priorities to improve operational efficiencies and deliver results
* Be obsessed with our customer's needs and drive them back into the Builder Tools service teams
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.