Have you ever wondered what sort of systems and software power the world's largest e-Commerce catalog? What sort of systems do you build to host such a catalog and process millions of updates on the billions of items every single day when you know traditional database technologies just cannot handle the massive scale? How do you ensure that you serve up the freshest possible information to hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers around the world 24x7x365? How do we tie such massive catalog updates to our customers? Did the new system we launched create a positive customer impact? Did the customer search experience become better?
We are looking for an influential software development engineer- with an excitement for a blank canvas - to join our Seattle office with a mission to innovate and solve some of the complex problems that today require a lot of manual interventions and subjective decision making while creating products into Amazon catalog.
The opportunity (puzzle to solve) is that there is no single solution as the problem scope is varied and diverse. The solutions you build will vary from simple rule based systems to machine learning, semantic analysis and text processing. In this role you will have the opportunity to understand the problem space in depth, opportunity to learn and apply newer technologies and see the results.
You will be a technical leader in the team with the opportunity to steer and mentor a team of smart SDE's who will work with you in delivering this mission. This is a great learning experience with the freedom to apply technology as required, opportunity to present and work with principal engineers and contribute to the bread and butter of amazon retail business. You will have direct line of sight into your efforts as results will directly impact the end customer buyability on Amazon.
Our organization has a strong focus and great track record of growing our employees.
1. Working collaboratively, shape the vision and strategy for solving business problems spread across retail and other cross systems outside of retail.
2. Develop deep understanding of the retail pipeline to build an architecture, thinking long term about futuristic needs.
3. Mentor, grow, and share the journey to deliver with quality.
4. Deep dive, develop and deliver systems that are highly maintainable. Technical leader for the team with the ability to deliver against all odds.
5. Data driven approach for making right architecture decisions, managing business priorities.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.