Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? Amazon.in, Amazon's marketplace in India, is building a team to take it to the next level by building capabilities that are relevant and unique for customers in India. Our Development team plays a pivotal role in this program, with the mission to build a comprehensive solution for the India business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up! We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be part of a small, close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You'll help analyze customer behavior, propose ideas and solutions during sprint planning with your team, implement big ideas, and then measure the results.
We are looking for passionate, talented and innovative Software Engineers who love solving hard problems and can deliver high-performance, high-availability and extremely scalable systems. Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love working as a team and proactively take the lead whenever necessary. In addition to being able to work with the senior engineers in the team to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team, you will also work with Product Managers and will have a unique opportunity to both create and see the direct impact of your work. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers. Successful candidates will thrive in fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design, intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology. You should love challenges and working on large-scale, customer facing projects.
* Design, implement, and deploy highly reliable and available systems at scale that helps to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for our customers.
* Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against tight schedules.
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
* Work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon's website, platform teams on the design and development of core platform functionality.
* Work with the business team and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
* Work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
* Participate in and provide design inputs towards the Platform initiative for streamlining international expansions.
* The ideal candidate will be a leader, builder and operator.
* He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. They would need to also balance technical leadership with savvy business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.