Do you have a passion for data quality? Are you interested in scalable solutions for Big Data analytics? The Browse team works within the Amazon Selection & Catalog Systems organization to present customer navigation options to millions of Amazon customers globally, including support of mobile, Kindle, and digital products. We are a fun, global, and collaborative group of data experts. Come help us develop and support analytics solutions aimed at presenting the best customer navigation experience in international ecommerce.
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to help build and support a cutting edge business intelligence platform and analytics program. Our primary users, an international team of taxonomists and developers, are responsible for customer-facing product navigation on global Amazon retail websites. The Browse Insights team influences day-to-day decision making for business priorities at Amazon and helps to proactively improve the customer experience through providing data targeted at product discoverability and shopping advancements.
Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, actionable, and scalable. As a Senior Software Development Engineer on the Browse Insights team, you will work with Research Scientists and Analysts to explore innovative data opportunities. You will build and design production systems providing metrics and tooling integration, to address some of the unique challenges related to online product discovery. You will lead the design and implementation of significant technical projects and work with product/ program managers, internal customers, and other Engineering teams to influence the technical strategy of the organization.
Internal job description
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for supplying business users with actionable data. You have a strong interest in working with Amazon Web Services technologies to support scaling (S3, Elastic Map Reduce, and Redshift). You are excited about system design, analytics, machine learning, and use your technical skills to creatively solve problems. You are an active and strong advocate for your customers. You are passionate about learning and keeping up with the evolution of Amazon's and industry tools and systems. You should also have the following skills or experiences:
* · Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* · 5+ years of professional experience in software development
* · Proficiency in object-oriented design, and at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or Python
* · Experience working with scalable distributed enterprise-level systems and knowledgeable in Big Data platforms
* · History of delivering high quality production systems/services
* · Leader in building complex software systems that directly benefit customers
* · Ability to communicate effectively with users, technical teams, and management
* Preferred qualifications
* · Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* · Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* · Exposure to column-oriented databases such as Amazon Redshift and NoSQL databases such as Amazon DynamoDB
* · Experience with big data tools like Hadoop, Spark, EMR (Amazon Elastic Map Reduce)
* · Knowledge in Machine Learning, natural language processing, data mining, or information extraction
* · Experience in designing, building and troubleshooting complex systems
* · Experience with mentoring/leading other engineers and influencing best practices within your team
* Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.