Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed to respond to your voice commands and queries. We're building solutions and applications behind Alexa products and services to directly bring joy to people's day to day lives. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team!
The Alexa Communications Mobile Team is building Communication features in the Alexa Companion App allowing people to call/message each other using Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show or the Alexa App itself. We are looking for passionate, curious, hard-working, and talented software developers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume mobile applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. Running with the spirit and energy of a start-up, our team is focused on leveraging emerging technologies to create new product offerings in the space of Communications.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities in iOS or Android and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, iOS/Android technologies and practical experience building customer facing mobile products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Key responsibilities include:
* Design, Prototype, Develop and launch core product features
* Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews
* Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
* Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
* Dive into and take ownership of mission critical software puzzles
* Participate in and drive design reviews
* Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
* Implement custom native and React Native user interfaces using the latest iOS or Android programming techniques
* Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.