A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You'll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC's strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) of progressive roles focused on information technology applications and its overall impact on business strategies and productivity.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrates extensive level of technical knowledge and skills in areas of application development that may include:
* C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework 3.5 and later using Visual Studio 2013 [or later].
* Proficiency in SQL Server or other comparable databases such as MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL.
* Knowledge of object programming and software design patterns such as MVC, MVP, Singleton and factory.
* Building Application Integrations using REST and SOAP web services is a plus.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer Applications, Computer Programming
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in improving and managing the productivity of technology processes and business processes by creating automated workflows to replace manual workflows including the following areas:
* Lean IT principles and data driven approaches;
* Cloud infrastructure and container-based deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift);
* Modern web application development (e.g. AngularJS, NodeJS, Python, CSS3, Boostrap);
* NoSQL databases (e.g. DocumentDB, Cloud Datastore, MongoDB, Casandra, etc.);
* Cloud-based platforms and services (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, AWS, OpenAPI, Swagger, Apigee);
* Continuous integration/continuous deployment (e.g. Git, Jenkins, TFS, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradie, Ant);
* Unit testing using JUnit, nUnit or MOQ and related tools;
* Data Integration Tools (SSIS, Informatica, API Management, Enterprise Service Bus, and Rules Engine);
* Source control using one of Git, Subversion, TFS;
* Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Content Management, Master Data Management, Enterprise Search and Reporting (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Sharepoint); and
* Data analytics platforms (Hadoop, BigQuery/BigTable, Map/Reduce);
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
* Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative & waterfall to support the success of the organization;
* Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrated history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
* Displaying initiative and ability to develop applications in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner;
* Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
* Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
* Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members;
* Utilzing analytic thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues;
* Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues: providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to application technology guidelines; and understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy; and
* Delivering solutions within an Agile methodology, while establishing quality, timeliness and adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
About PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
PricewaterhouseCoopers offers auditing, accounting, and assurance services.