A career in our Product Development and Architecture - Practice Support practice, within New Business Ventures, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. New Business Ventures identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue. Our team is responsible for the research, collaboration, prototyping of products, solutions, and services for PwC New Ventures.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Mathematics, Computer and Information Science, Engineering, Data Processing/Analytics/Science
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in roles involving executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
* Computer programing with any of the following focus: statistical/mathematical languages [e.g., R, SAS, MATLAB], general purpose languages [e.g., Python, Java, Go, Perl], and/or other special purpose languages [e.g., SQL, bash scripting];
* Machine learning/predictive modeling, natural language processing, statistical analysis, simulation modeling, and graph analysis;
* Large scale data processing tools [e.g., Hadoop environment, Apache Spark, elastic cloud compute];
* Data analysis workflow using tools [e.g., git, iPython notebook]; and,
* Data visualization tools [e.g., D3.JS, Gephi].
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success within a professional services environment, in the following areas:
* Interpret problems, synthesize analysis, and present information in a way that is understandable to a non-technical person;
* Work collaboratively on teams with a variety of technical and non-technical skill sets;
* Compile and present complex information using data visualization tools;
* Collaborate and contribute as a team member: understand personal and team roles, contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback;
* Identify and address client needs, build relationships with clients, develop requests for information, demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicate potential conflicts to a supervisor;
* Prioritize and handle multiple tasks, research and analyze pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilize ability in problem-solving, and communicate effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences - including various levels of management and external clients - in a professional business environment;
* Coach and collaborate with associates and senior associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance;
* Understand how the application of analytical techniques correlate to business value;
* Select the appropriate analytical techniques for the problem at hand;
* Work closely with leaders across product functions to design the analytics roadmap and to support and implement high quality data driven decisions and deliverables;
* Develop and implement quality controls and standards to ensure data integrity and quality; and
* Lead and provide oversight to a team of data scientist in their approach to data modeling and analysis techniques.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.