Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The TimesTen In-Memory Database SQL team is looking for an individual with a strong expertise in SQL optimization and SQL execution engine. You will have the unique opportunity to join a small team and make significant contributions to the most innovative, distributed, in-memory database system in the world. You will have opportunities to work on our multiple-terabyte in-memory machine and optimize Timesten distributed SQL engine for both OLTP and OLAP. You will have opportunities to work on our massive scale-out in-memory cloud database system.
You will be responsible for designing and developing various features such as:
* Distributed query optimization in our distributed in-memory cloud database system * Optimize our MPP query execution engine in our share-nothing in-memory cluster system.
* Parallel query optimization and execution * Query optimization for decision support type of queries. * Query rewrite for materialized views
You will be active throughout all phases of the software development cycle, including requirement analysis, functional and design specifications, coding, testing, performance tuning, and maintenance. You will also assist product management, customer support and field engineers to resolve customer issues and collect feedback for future product enhancements.
A successful candidate will have:
* Excellent C/C programming skills * Minimum 3-year hands-on experience in software design and development
* Solid background and previous working experience on relation database systems * Solid computer science background
* Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks * Strong personal initiative
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.