* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
* 8+ years of IT experience with 6+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale application/system/platform/integration architectures
* Experience with Microservice based architecture
* Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, SonarQube, etc.
* Strong system architecture experience at a high level level preferred
* Strong implementation experience at high level preferred
* Deep understanding of Secure coding practices
* Able to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
* Good communication skills and able to explain complex technical issues in plain English to a variety of stakeholders in the larger organization
Who You'll Work With
You will work in Waltham, MA and will work with product managers, developers, architects and various platform teams to design and develop a software solution
You will work with various Technology & Digital product teams using a variety of technologies to ensure high application reliability, scalability and availability in our Waltham office.
You will spend your time with intelligent, values-driven colleagues, and you'll be a member of highly collaborative team of experts. You'll work with Technolgy & Digital leaders, McKinsey business sponsors & stakeholders, and global product and service teams to help teams deliver breakthrough digital products and services and continuously improve.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on learning and having impact . We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to constantly learn and grow. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the complete technical architecture of the product from inception, through product release, to maintenance.
In this role you will provide thought leadership to the senior leadership for the direction of the overall product portfolio and how to manage and evolve our architectures ability. You will work with the Architecture Center of Excellence to create reusable solutions
You will tinker with new open source libraries, use emerging technologies. You will provide leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, technologies.
In order to be successful in the role, you should be passionate about secure coding practices, code quality and good engineering practices such as Test-Driven Development, simple code, automated testing and deployments, continuous integration and continuous deployment etc.
You will not only be a good learner, but a good teacher. You will provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the architects/technical leads to improve our organizational capability.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.