With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World's Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World's Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We've been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you'll be part of an organization that's committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
We're seeking a team member to be part of our group. You will work with the team on many interesting and challenging projects together as we develop and build the next generation technology solutions for our company. Our primary asset is our great team of talented engineers, and technically minded managers. We have cool technology and interesting projects ahead. You will be joining our company at a pivotal time as we leverage next generation software and hardware platforms to automate delivery of our services within our private and public cloud presence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
* Address technical debt throughout the Windows server environment and supporting services
* Assist in the administration of Active Directory and other connected infrastructures
* Deploy automation technologies and processes to support on-premise and cloud-based infrastructures
* Improve and automate existing repetitive, manual processes and procedures driving support efficiencies
* Monitor and take corrective action with system performance and availability
* Maintain documentation and enforce secure, system policies
* Utilize AWS and Azure tools in a hybrid infrastructure
* Manage, coordinate and facilitate reengineering and process improvement initiatives related to the enhancement of the Wintel infrastructure.
* Interface with vendors and internal global teams to ensure the environment conforms to the current standards.
* Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for the production environments
* Perform system upgrades and mandatory security/OS patching.
* Liaise with application support teams to gather requirements, design, and deploy standard systems
* Provide 24*7 On call support based on rotation within the team
* Work across functional teams to resolve problems and implement projects
* Act as a liaison between Architecture and Operations to foster a common toolset and strive to move towards infrastructure as a service.
* Evolve and maintain a continuous delivery framework that allows infrastructure teams to deploy to production with minimal service disruptions.
* Automate many infrastructure tasks that are done manually today.
* Design and maintain automation strategy and roadmap.
* Develop loosely coupled architectures. Don't require too much dependency on other teams.
* Ensure all configuration changes are version controlled, and configuration deployment is automated.
* Further automation and scripting so you are removed from the direct path and provide push buttons to the teams that need them.
Core Tech Stack
* MS Windows server platform & technologies: AD, GPO, DFS, IIS, Terminal Server, Certificate management, Clustering, Security and Compliance
* Configuration Management: SCCM, Software Package, OSD
* Scripting: Powershell, Chef, Ansible
* DNS: Infoblox and Microsoft DNS
* Monitoring: SCOM, Splunk and ServiceNow
* Reporting: Tableau, Power BI, Advance Excel functions
5+ years of progressively responsible Windows engineer and automation experience
* Candidate must have significant technical background, and experience with Windows Server OS: Design, Configuration, Active Directory, Group Policy Management, Domain trusts and Automation of Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
* Advanced knowledge in automating Windows platforms leveraging Ansible, Powershell and Chef
* Strong knowledge supporting and implementing SCCM, Server Security Compliance, Patch Management and infoblox
* Strong knowledge of networking (TCP/IP), security and optimization
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex technical problems with team members, customers, and vendors quickly and effectively
* Strong knowledge of Windows Storage spaces
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft clustering technologies
* Strong knowledge of core technologies & protocols such as DNS, SMB, NTLM, SSL, FTP, Telnet etc
* Extensive experience in performance tuning and optimizing computing platforms
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
About Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is a data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, healthcare, financial services, government, and risk management.