This main responsibility for this role is providing IT support for Caterpillar Executive Office members and their assistants and admins. Duties include support of Office 365 tools and other software on PCs, Macbooks and mobile devices, computer hardware, peripherals and other office equipment for the Caterpillar Executive Office.
They will assist with operational readiness of offices, conference rooms and other workspaces. As subject matter expert for user productivity for the Executive Office personnel, they will support the end to end process for new product and service delivery in partnership with other IT personnel. This includes requirements definition, testing and deployment activities.
Additionally, they will participate as a member of the Collaboration Services team. Working with various technologies within the end-user space to help develop and maintain solutions for the enterprise. This role will be secondary to your Executive Office responsibilities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Respond to queries either in person, email or over the phone.
* Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
* Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
* Walk customer through problem-solving process.
* Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software to include desktop, laptop and printer configurations including software upgrade testing, packaging, imaging and deployments.
* Maintain a professional level of knowledge of information technology issues, solutions and advancements in a dynamic environment.
* Train computer users on new features or functions.
* Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
* Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
* Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
* Collect and document functional requirements for new projects or system enhancements.
* Support IT implementation projects - coordinate the delivery of work requests with various globally located Caterpillar IT teams and external partners.
* Prepare, execute and/or coordinate the execution of testing.
* Consult with Caterpillar Security personnel to ensure full compliance with security objectives.
* Make significant contributions to knowledge management as it relates to provision of documentation for use by other IT personnel.
* Perform administrative work as needed to include procurement of office supplies.
* Support operational readiness of offices, conference rooms and other workspaces as needed to ensure that meetings are not disrupted due to failures of office equipment (Board Meetings, Staff Meetings, Public Meetings).
* Develop back-up strategies to ensure operational readiness
* Investigate new technologies and document and develop case for use in Caterpillar
* AS/BS Degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
* 5 years of professional experience in IT service related role.
* This position will require that the employee carry a cell phone, pager or other such remote communications device and participate in a 24 x 7 on-call support rotation with other technical staff.
* Must be able to travel to remote locations and branches.
* Must be able to work overtime/weekends as needed.
* Strong customer communication skills for understanding technical problems and clearly explaining solutions.
* Must have excellent oral and written language skills and professional demeanor.
* Knowledge of Windows client and servers, Apple OS, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013 experience.
* Knowledge of IT Security systems and protocol.
* Sound knowledge of helpdesk operations, task-related skills and knowledge of operating systems.
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage complexities and competing priorities.
* Ability to combine judgment, experience, analytic skills and business knowledge to make sound decisions.
* Highly developed problem solving ability.
* Sound understanding of network protocols particularly TCP/IP and exposure to LAN/WAN technologies.
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies and procedures.
* Ability to facilitate meetings/technical discussion to achieve participant engagement and desired outcome.
* Ability to lead team on special projects.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery and engines.