Does engaging across all Amazon Digital Businesses on large scale programs that impact all of Amazon's Customers around the world excite you? The Digital Commerce team is recruiting for a Senior Technical Program Manager (Sr. TPM) to work on company-wide programs to define and drive execution of key initiatives while ensuring we do so in an efficiency and cost effective manner. You will provide technical direction for global teams focused on providing Amazon customers with Digital experiences to world-class Excellence. You will be responsible for driving large-scale initiatives to continuously improve customer experience.
As a Sr. TPM you will be responsible to (1) drive large scale customer impacting programs (2) innovate, pitch and refine ideas to engineering leaders and executives and (3) develop roadmaps for large and complicated scalable architectural changes and drive them to delivery. You will work with several business and core technical teams to understand specific business needs, assist in the technical design of processes and technical solutions, innovate new features, and then work with engineering teams to deliver them on an aggressive schedule.
As part of program management, you will also assess risk, develop risk mitigation plans, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, manage issue escalation, and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus technical concerns and compliance requirements.
A successful candidate will have an established track record in customer facing, cross-functional program initiatives, have broad and deep technical knowledge, have demonstrated problem solving skills, excellent schedule/delivery management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced collaborative environment. Additionally, a successful candidate will have the ability to quickly earn trust with the teams they engage with, foster a positive program environment, and come to each discussion, deliverable, and issue with a "can do" attitude.
* Program management of large scale complex initiatives through the entire development life cycle; planning, execution, status reporting and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments
* Provide leadership and support for multiple engineering teams operating. Engage the engineering teams and TPMs of various organizations to ensure that their iterations on design and development enable delivery by needed deadlines.
* Work closely with business engineering teams to ensure business needs are met without compromising long term platform health and evolution.
* Facilitate roadmap development across the multiple engineering teams and help shape the overall vision to build cost effective solutions software solutions that suitable for Amazon scale.
* Facilitate launch planning across multiple teams to bring the project end points along multiple work streams into a single timeline to meet compliance readiness dates
* Coordinate with TPMs/PMs from tech work streams to ensure that technical and non-technical plans and initiatives are coordinated and achieve the goals of business needs without impacting the performance of the business teams.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.