This position is contingent on award
Raytheon IIS Systems Engineering is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for an international multi-int cyber and analytics technology and operations system. Would you like to work in a collaborative environment in Dulles, VA? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/8B-k34faFAE
Our facility in Dulles, VA is a modern campus that offers an on-site cafeteria, large gym, as well as convenient access to a host of amenities in the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area and proximity to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. Additionally, we offer employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, paternity leave, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
The candidate will be involved throughout the full lifecycle of the program and will be working in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. In support of the SE team leads, the candidate will perform systems engineering analyses on the functional and system requirements to include the identification and analysis of cyber requirements architecture definition, interface definition, system level design, product integration, requirement validation and verification, and fielding of products.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. The candidate has a strong work ethic and is flexible and adaptable in order to respond to program critical needs as they arise.
* Must be a US Citizen in possession of a valid U.S. Passport
* Minimum of 6 years of systems and/or software engineering experience
* 3-5 years of work experience in cyber security development projects and programs, use of cyber tools with a good understanding of cyber analysis and defense (e.g. Wireshark, FireEye, Snort, Tenable Security and Nessus, etc.)
* Knowledge or experience IP packet data, internet traffic content using industry tools
* Demonstrated knowledge of general system administration, network engineering/administration
* Experience using engineering processes and techniques in the assessment of requirements, identifying dependencies and developing response plans
* Experience with CONOPS development and interface definition/documentation (ICDs)
* Experience in test engineering of complex systems of systems with large numbers of COTS software and hardware products and custom software configuration items.
* Strong interpersonal, communications, organizational and planning skills
* Ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines as demonstrated by successful execution experience
* Experience in conducting COTS tools and products/service trade studies
* Experience preparing and presenting reports and briefings both orally and written
* Strong commitment to quality customer service and delivery of mission critical capabilities
* Must be able to travel to Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region (as needed up to 30%). Trips are usually 1-3 weeks in length.
* Experience in various OS platforms and cyber tools (Linux, Windows, VMWare ESXi, and SIEM Tools (ArcSight, Splunk, etc.)
* Knowledge or experience in telecommunications Infrastructure;
* Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship at all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups.
* Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a fast-paced, highly visible setting
* Project skills including cost, schedule, risk, and opportunity assessment.
* Spoken Arabic
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience, unless prohibited by local laws/regulations. B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math and 6 years relevant work experience.
140806 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.