Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer & Architect with expertise with ServiceNow products and workflows.
* Providing systems engineering and architecture leadership to the active, evolutionary design and architecture of a large, leading edge cybersecurity system. Provide lean, agile engineering approaches that embrace the DevSecOps mindset, allowing the architecture of the system to evolve continuously over time, while simultaneously supporting the needs of the users
* As a ServiceNow Subject Matter Expert (SME), employing ServiceNow products and workflows, as needed, when participating in system engineering and architecture activities
* Partnering with others to help lead the Agile development teams in the development, integration, and testing of cybersecurity architectures (intentional and emergent) and associated capabilities
* Developing architectures that are designed for testability, deployability and releaseability
* Providing informal ServiceNow training and guidance, as needed, to team members
* Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
* Leading or participating in trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training).
* Must be a US Citizen
* Active Secret clearance required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 10+ years of directly relevant systems engineering and architecture experience in hardware and software requirements management, architecture development, use cases and stories, interface definition development, and systems integration & test
* 4+ years hands-on experience with ServiceNow products, workflows, and solutions
* Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar lean agile frameworks, ideally with an emphasis on Agile Release Trains (ARTs)
* Strong understanding of system architecture principles and roles in a lean, agile environment (e.g. roles such as SAFe's System Architect, Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect)
* Experience with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management (CM) practices, requirements management, traceability, and associated tools
* Ability to create a vision and lead teams on large and small scale system engineering and/or architecture activities
* Experience with and excellent technical understanding of cybersecurity including attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
* Experience with requirements management and tools (DOORS preferred)
* DevOps or DevSecOps experience
* Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g. ISO, CMMI, ITIL)
* Experience and/or familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Desired Certifications (one or more of the following):
ServiceNow certification (CIS, CAD, CAS, CSA or micro certification)
SAFe certification (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, POPM, SPD, ASE, or SPC)
Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
CISSP Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSIP-ISSAP)
TOGAF Architecture Certification or similar
DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
138399BR 138399 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.